DAZ Importer 1.6.x is obsolete
The current stable version 1.7.0 can be downloaded from:https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpku2n8dhqmua37/import_daz_mhx_rts_v1_7_0.zip.
The documentation for the DAZ Importer and MHX Runtime System has moved to Bitbucket.
This is the main documentation side for the DAZ Importer, versions 1.6.x. This release consists of four separate parts:
- DAZ Importer, a Blender add-on for importing native DAZ Studio files (*.duf, *.dsf) into Blender. It also contains some tools to make the assets more animation friendly.
- MHX Runtime System, a Blender add-on for posing the MHX rig.
- DAZ HD Morphs, a Blender add-on by Xin for importing HD meshes and morphs into Blender. Bundled with DAZ Importer v 1.6.0 only.
- Diffeo HD Exporter, a DAZ Studio plugin by Donald Dade to export HD scenes to Blender.
Stable version 1.6.2
Links to download pages
Although the code has been written by myself, this add-on has benefitted greatly from bug reports and suggestions by many people. In particular, I want to thank
Alessandro Padovani, for his expertise in materials and Blender in general. The translation from Iray to Cycles and Eevee is essentially Alessandro's achievement.
engetudouiti, for his suggestions in many areas, especially rigging and for the correct implementation of morphs with intermediate properties.
Xin, for his lucid explanations on coding and the Blender API, and for explaining how to use simple expressions for morph drivers. The DAZ HD Morphs add-on was written by Xin.
Donald Dade, for the Diffeo HD Exporter plugin for DAZ Studio.
- Save the zip file somewhere on your computer.
- Copy the Scripts folder from to_daz_studio to one of the DAZ directories.
- In DAZ Studio, set up menus.
- In DAZ Studio, save the DAZ root paths.
- In Blender, install the DAZ Importer add-on. The MHX Runtime System and DAZ HD Morphs add-on can also be installed.
- In the Global Settings dialog, Load Root Paths.
- Save the DAZ scene as a .duf file.
- Export To Blender with the provided add-on to a .dbz (Daz-Blender-Zipped) file with the same name as the .duf file.
- In Blender, import the .duf file with Mesh Fitting set to DBZ File.
Documentation / Tutorials:
- Content of the zip file.
- Setting things up.
- Export from DAZ Studio
- Import into Blender
- Global Settings
- Setup Panel
- Advanced Setup Panel
- Low-Poly Section
- Visibility Section
- HD Meshes Section
- Materials Section
- Mesh Section
- Simulation Section
- Rigging Section
- Morphs Section
- Hair Section
- Utilities Panel
- Posing Panel
- Morphs Panel
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- List of Blog Posts
- Scripting Documentation
- Obsolete Scripting Documentation