This is the main documentation side for the stable version 1.2. Documentation for the previous version 1.1 can be found here.
The DAZ importer is a tool for importing native DAZ Studio files (DAZ User File *.duf, DAZ System File *.dsf) into Blender. It also contains some tools to make the assets more animation friendly.
The script has mainly been tested with DAZ Studio 4.9 and Blender 2.78c on Windows 7.
Links to download pagesRepository: https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import-daz
Development version as a zip file: https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import-daz/downloads/
Stable version 1.2 release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx15t3inlvtd98x/import-daz-v1.2-20170913.zip
- Save the zip file somewhere on your computer.
- In Blender, go to File > User Preferences > Add-ons
- Press Install From File... and select the zip file.
- Enable the DAZ importer.
- In the Settings panel, set up all DAZ library paths.
- In Daz Studio, install the export basic data plug-in, included in the zip file.
- Save the Daz scene as a .duf file.
- Export basic data with the provided add-on to a .json file with the same name as the .duf file.
- In Blender, import the .duf file with Mesh Fitting set to Json file.
Documentation / Tutorials:
- Installing the Blender add-ons.
- Installing the DAZ Studio plugin.
- Setting up DAZ library paths.
- Export from DAZ Studio
- Import into Blender
- Setup character after import
- Corrections Section
- Materials Section
- Morphs Section
- Merge Anatomy
- Save Local Textures
- Low-Poly Section
- Advanced Setup Panel.
- Settings Panel.
- Utilities Panel.
- Posing Panel.