This release consists of four separate parts:
- DAZ Importer, a Blender add-on for importing native DAZ Studio files (*.duf, *.dsf) into Blender. It also contains some tools to make the assets more animation friendly.
- MHX Runtime System, a Blender add-on for posing the MHX rig.
- DAZ HD Morphs, a Blender add-on by Xin for importing HD meshes and morphs into Blender.
- Diffeo HD Exporter, a DAZ Studio plugin by Donald Dade to export HD scenes to Blender.
Download version 1.6.0 from:
Main documentation page:
This release is compatible with Blender 2.80 and later. The last version compatible with Blender 2.79 was version 1.5.1.
Major new features in this release:
- New morphing system using intermediate properties which correctly reproduce morphs in DAZ Studio. How to implement this was explained to me by Engetudouiti.
- New morphing system using simple expressions instead of slow python scripts, as suggested by Xin. This improves performance, in particular on GPUs. It also makes it possible to use expressions on systems where the DAZ Importer is not enabled, e.g. render farms, making the stripped runtime system of previous releases obsolete.
- Easy Import makes it possible to import a character and make it animation-ready in a single step, as suggested by Alessandro Padovani.
- Correct FK-IK snapping for the MHX rig, following suggestions by Engetudouiti.
- Tools for dealing with MHX animations, not just single poses.
- Improved user interface for the MHX rig.
- A tool for converting HD morphs to normal or displacement maps (the DAZ HD Morphs add-on by Xin), and tools for importing these maps into Blender and drive them with the morph strength.
- A tool for fast export of HD meshes from DAZ Studio (Diffeo HD Exporter by Donald Dade).
- Basic support for simulations.
- Many bug-fixes and minor improvements.