This is the main documentation side for the stable version 1.5.1.
The DAZ importer is a tool for importing native DAZ Studio files (DAZ User File *.duf, DAZ System File *.dsf) into Blender. It also contains some tools to make the assets more animation friendly.
The script has mainly been tested with DAZ Studio 4.9 - 4.15 and Blender 2.79a and Blender 2.80 - 2.91 on Windows 7, Windows 10, and Linux.
Links to download pages
Although the code has been written by myself, this add-on has benefitted greatly from bug reports and suggestions by many people. In particular, I want to thank
Alessandro Padovani, for his expertise in materials. The translation from Iray to Cycles and Eevee is essentially Alessandro's achievement.
engetudouiti, for his suggestions in many areas, especially rigging.
Xin, for his lucid explanations on coding and the Blender API.
- Save the zip file somewhere on your computer.
- Copy the Scripts folder from to_daz_studio to one of the DAZ directories.
- In DAZ Studio, set up menus.
- In DAZ Studio, save the DAZ root paths.
- In Blender, install the DAZ Importer add-on.
- In the Global Settings dialog, Load Root Paths.
- Save the DAZ scene as a .duf file.
- Export To Blender with the provided add-on to a .dbz (Daz-Blender-Zipped) file with the same name as the .duf file.
- In Blender, import the .duf file with Mesh Fitting set to DBZ File.
Documentation / Tutorials:
- Setting things up.
- Export from DAZ Studio
- Import into Blender
- Global Settings
- Setup Panel
- Advanced Setup Panel
- Low-Poly Section
- Visibility Section
- Material Section
- Mesh Section
- Rigging Section
- Morphs Section
- Hair Section
- Utilities Panel
- Posing Panel
- Stripped Runtime System - for external rendering
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- List of Blog Posts
- Scripting Documentation