- Start Edit: Start editing F-curves. The other buttons are now enabled.
- Undo Edit: Quit F-curve editing, without modifying the original F-curves.
- Loc: Set a location delta keyframe.
- Rot: Set a rotation delta keyframe.
- LocRot: Set a location and rotation delta keyframe.
- Delete: Remove all delta keyframes at the current time.
- |<: Move to the first delta keyframe.
- <: Move to the previous delta keyframe.
- >: Move to the next delta keyframe.
- >|: Move to the last delta keyframe.
- Confirm Edit: Modify the original F-curves and quit F-curve editing.
- Clear Temporary Properties:
The delta keys are represented by markers in the timeline.
A common use for delta keys is to correct for intersection with other objects or the character herself. The typical workflow is as follows:
- Start Edit.
- Set a delta key at a good frame just before the intersection.
- Set a delta key at a good frame just after the intersection.
- Edit the pose a the frame(s) where intersection occurs.
- If the intersection has been removed, Confirm Edit. If not, set new delta keys until it has, or Undo Edit to remove the delta layer.